This Week’s Bakery Bulletin
Monday, December 02, 2013
You can begin ordering NOW for pickup on December 11th.
This month we’ll be baking for the two Wednesdays before Christmas: December 11 and December 18. You can use the bread as holiday gifts, as well as for your own holiday table!
For pickup on Wednesday, December 11 (please order by Sunday, December 8):
We’ll be baking our two most popular sweet and fruity sourdough breads this week—especially for gift-giving! You can decide between the DARK CHOCOLATE & CHERRY loaves, and the ever-popular FRUITED ALMOND loaves.
The CHOCOLATE & CHERRY bread is a bit decadent, filled with dried sweetened cherries and dark chocolate chunks—but it’s dairy-free, without any eggs or butter! The long fermentation of the sourdough is what gives the bread it’s great texture and moistness. It’s great with coffee, tea, or red wine! The FRUITED ALMOND bread is packed with all kinds of holiday flavors—toasted almonds, apricots, golden raisins, and cranberries. The beauty of both of these loaves is that they freeze exceptionally well—so whether you’re giving them as gifts, or stocking up for yourself, these loaves do NOT have to be eaten right away, just when you’re inundated with all kinds of cookies, candy, and rich holiday foods. Your friends can pop them in the freezer and save them for January if they like!
Our savory hearth loaf for the week will be our KALAMATA OLIVE. This popular loaf is a little lighter than the other breads this week, since it’s only 60% whole grain. (The other 40% is organic bread flour.) It makes great sandwiches and wonderful dinner bread.
The 100% whole grain BAKED POTATO and SPENT GRAIN SOURDOUGH pan loaves make fantastic bread cubes to use for your favorite stuffing recipe, and they are also wonderful for making toast and sandwiches.
We will be baking once or twice a month through the winter, so stock up and pop some bread in the freezer if you’d like. The bread really does freeze and thaw well, because of its three-day cool fermentation. Click on our long term baking schedule to see what we’ll be baking later this winter! Sign up for our reminder email if you’d like (see the left margin), and you’ll get an email when it’s time to order for the next bake.
NEW SOUTHSIDE DELIVERY LOCATION: Our Southside delivery location has moved just a few doors down to Inspire Physical Therapy, in Suite #19 of very same mall on the south side of Huffman and Old Seward (1120 Huffman Road). Since Sweet Adeline’s is moving to midtown, we are now delivering our bread at Inspire Physical Therapy. Thanks so much to Tiffany and her staff at Inspire Physical Therapy for hosting us!
the bread ordering deadline
You’ll need to order your bread by MIDNIGHT on Sunday (starting on November 7), so we have time to plan our bake, feed our sourdough, and pre-ferment the dough! When youcome pick up your bread, you can pay by cash or check.
bread pickup locations
Pick-up locations for Wednesdays:
1. Side Street Espresso, 412 G Street, downtown: 8-10am
2. Inspire Physical Therapy, at 1120 Huffman Rd, Suite 19 (in the mall at Huffman and Old Seward): 4-6pm
If you need to call me during a pick-up time, you can reach me on my cell phone at 748-3712. If you can’t reach me on my cell phone at other times, please call me at home/the bakery: 677-3712.
Would you like to see a video of us baking your bread? Our bakery is a small commercial kitchen attached to our house on the lower Anchorage Hillside.
featured bread this week
spent grain pan loaf (100% whole grain sourdough)
Alaskan potato pan loaf (100% whole wheat sourdough)
kalamata olive hearth loaf (60% whole wheat sourdough)
dark chocolate & cherry hearth loaf (60% whole wheat sourdough)
fruited almond hearth loaf (60% whole wheat sourdough)