This Week’s Bakery Bulletin
Thursday, December 21, 2017
Hello, sourdough fans!
You can start ordering NOW to pick up your bread on Wednesday, January 24th!
Please note that my wonderful programmer has made a few changes to the website, to hopefully make completing the ordering process easier. Make sure you click the correct pickup location button when you order.
Because of the three-day fermentation of the sourdough, the bread is a great keeper. It freezes and thaws beautifully, and stays fresh on your counter for at least a week. If you’ll be out of town on a pickup day, just give me a call and we can try and arrange a different plan for your bread pickup. (907) 748-3712.
See our long-term baking schedule on the website for future dates and loaves.
Our pickup locations are the same as last year (see details below). Thank you so much to both Side Street Espresso and Inspire Physical Therapy for giving us a place to deliver our bread.
Here’s what we’re baking for Wednesday, January 24th (please order by Sunday, January 21st):
Savory hearth loaves will be the KALAMATA OLIVE sourdough and the TOASTED SEED sourdough loaves. The olive bread is a little lighter than our other breads, since it is only 60% whole grain (the other 40% is organic bread flour). The seed bread, loaded with rich and savory seeds, makes wonderful toast, and it’s fantastic with cheese!
Sweet loaves will be the RAISIN & TOASTED PECAN sourdough. I have to admit that these are my favorite sweet loaves, especially toasted and with a little butter on top. I love a slice for breakfast, or for an afternoon snack. Not as rich or sweet as the other sweet loaves that we baked in December, these loaves are perfect for January: a refreshing start to the new year!
THE BREAD ORDERING DEADLINE
You’ll need to order your bread by MIDNIGHT on Sunday, so we have time to plan our bake, feed our sourdough, and pre-ferment the dough!
BREAD PICKUP LOCATIONS
Pick-up locations for Wednesday, January 24th:
1. Side Street Espresso, 412 G Street, downtown: 8-10am
2. Inspire Physical Therapy, 1120 Huffman Rd, Suite 19 (south side of Huffman & Old Seward): 4-6pm
If you have questions, you can reach me on my cell phone at 907.748.3712.