This Week’s Bakery Bulletin
Thursday, November 12, 2015
Hello, sourdough fans!
You can start ordering NOW to pick up your bread on Wednesday, November 25th!
We’re baking for the week of Thanksgiving, and then twice in December for all your holiday eating and gift-giving needs. See our long-term baking schedule for details.
Our pickup locations are the same as last year (see details below). We’re looking forward to seeing you!
Here’s what we’re baking for Wednesday, November 25th (please order by Sunday, November 22nd):
Savory hearth loaves will be the FRESH ROSEMARY sourdough, and the TOASTED SEED sourdough. The rosemary bread is a little lighter than our other breads, since it is only 60% whole grain (the other 40% is organic bread flour). The toasted seed bread is packed with nuts and is delicious as breakfast toast, or with cheese of any kind. The sweet hearth loaf will be the FRUITED ALMOND sourdough, packed with toasted almonds, apricots, cranberries and golden raisins. It’s great for breakfast or an afternoon snack.
the bread ordering deadline
You’ll need to order your bread by MIDNIGHT on Sunday so we have time to plan our bake, feed our sourdough, and pre-ferment the dough! When you come pick up your bread, you can pay by cash or check.
bread pickup locations
Pick-up locations for Wednesdays:
1. Side Street Espresso, 412 G Street, downtown: 8-10am
2. Inspire Physical Therapy, at 1120 Huffman Rd, Suite 19 (in the mall at Huffman and Old Seward): 4-6pm
If you need to call me during a pick-up time, you can reach me on my cell phone at 748-3712. If you can’t reach me on my cell phone at other times, please call me at home/the bakery: 677-3712.
Would you like to see a video of us baking your bread? Our bakery is a small commercial kitchen attached to our house on the lower Anchorage Hillside.
featured bread this week
alaskan potato pan loaf (100% whole wheat sourdough)
spent grain pan loaf (100% whole grain sourdough)
toasted seed hearth loaf (100% whole wheat sourdough)
fresh rosemary hearth loaf (60% whole grain sourdough)
fruited almond holiday loaf (60% whole grain sourdough)