This Week’s Bakery Bulletin

Wednesday, November 04, 2015

Issue #110

Hello, sourdough fans!

You can start ordering now to pick up your bread next Wednesday, November 11th!

PLEASE NOTE: If you are a new customer trying to register for the first time, you should get an activation email asking you to confirm your registration. If you don’t get this email in a couple of minutes, just give me a call at (907) 748-3712, and I will activate your account manually.

Next week will be the first of several bakes over the winter. See our long-term baking schedule on the website for specifics. You can stock up and pop some bread in the freezer if you’d like. The bread really does freeze and thaw well, because of its three-day cool fermentation.

Our pickup locations are the same as last year (see details below). We’re looking forward to seeing you!

Here’s what we’re baking for Wednesday, November 11th (please order by Sunday, November 8th):

Savory hearth loaves will be the KALAMATA OLIVE sourdough, and the TOASTED WALNUT sourdough. The olive bread is a little lighter than our other breads, since it is only 60% whole grain; the other 40% is organic bread flour. The walnut bread is packed with nuts and is delicious as breakfast toast, or with cheese of any kind. The sweet hearth loaf will be the RAISIN & TOASTED PECAN sourdough: great for breakfast or an afternoon snack.

The pan loaves will be the 100% whole grain sourdough LEVAIN and the SPENT GRAIN sourdough.

ANNOYING PASSWORDS: Have you had to reset your password through the website and now it’s stuck on something awful like Kq8B2j? I’m so sorry that my website doesn’t allow you to customize your own password, but I can change it for you. Please just .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)  or call me (677-3712 or 748-3712) and let me know, and I can change it to something easy to remember, or to a password of your choice.

the bread ordering deadline

You’ll need to order your bread by MIDNIGHT on Sunday so we have time to plan our bake, feed our sourdough, and pre-ferment the dough!  When you come pick up your bread, you can pay by cash or check.

bread pickup locations

Pick-up locations for Wednesdays:
1.  Side Street Espresso, 412 G Street, downtown: 8-10am
2.  Inspire Physical Therapy, at 1120 Huffman Rd, Suite 19 (in the mall at Huffman and Old Seward): 4-6pm

If you need to call me during a pick-up time, you can reach me on my cell phone at 748-3712. If you can’t reach me on my cell phone at other times, please call me at home/the bakery: 677-3712.

Would you like to see a video of us baking your bread? Our bakery is a small commercial kitchen attached to our house on the lower Anchorage Hillside.

Alison’s blog

If you’d like to check out lots of savory and healthful recipes, you can find lots more of them on my blog about cooking and eating local food: Alison’s Lunch. You can even sign up for my blog posts (about local food, cooking, and recipes) to be delivered to your email! .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address) if you have trouble signing up, and I can help you.

featured bread this week

recipe of the week

Page 3 of 3 pages  < 1 2 3