This Week’s Bakery Bulletin
Friday, November 25, 2016
Hello, sourdough fans!
You can order NOW to pick up your bread on Wednesday, December 14!
We’re baking twice in December for all your holiday eating and gift-giving needs. See our long-term baking schedule for details.
Here’s what we’re baking for Wednesday, December 14. (Please order by Sunday, December 11.)
Savory hearth loaves will be the KALAMATA OLIVE sourdough. The olive bread is a little lighter than our other breads, since it is only 60% whole grain (the other 40% is organic bread flour). We will bake two kinds of sweet hearth loaf this time: the FRUITED ALMOND sourdough, and the DARK CHOCOLATE & CHERRY sourdough. The fruited almond bread is packed with toasted almonds, apricots, cranberries and golden raisins. The chocolate & cherry bread is rich with cocoa powder, and studded with dark Dutch chocolate chunks and dried cherries. Both loaves are egg- and dairy-free, and make great Christmas gifts.
And speaking of gifts, my Farmers Market Cookbook makes a good one, too! It’s full of great recipes for vegetables, even to make in the middle of winter!
the bread ordering deadline
You’ll need to order your bread by MIDNIGHT on Sunday so we have time to plan our bake, feed our sourdough, and pre-ferment the dough! When you come pick up your bread, you can pay by cash or check.
bread pickup locations
Pick-up locations for Wednesdays:
1. Side Street Espresso, 412 G Street, downtown: 8-10am
2. Inspire Physical Therapy, at 1120 Huffman Rd, Suite 19 (in the mall at Huffman and Old Seward): 4-6pm
If you need to call me during a pick-up time, you can reach me on my cell phone at 748-3712. If you can’t reach me on my cell phone at other times, please call me at home/the bakery: 677-3712.
Would you like to see a video of us baking your bread? Our bakery is a small commercial kitchen attached to our house on the lower Anchorage Hillside.
featured bread this week
signature levain (100% whole wheat sourdough)
spent grain pan loaf (100% whole grain sourdough)
Kalamata olive sourdough (60% whole grain sourdough)
fruited almond holiday loaf (60% whole grain sourdough)
dark chocolate & cherry holiday bread (60% whole grain sourdough)