This Week’s Bakery Bulletin
Thursday, January 26, 2017
Hello sourdough fans!
You can order NOW to pick up your bread on Wednesday, March 8. We won’t be baking again until April 12, so stock up on what you need and pop some bread in the freezer if you need to. Check out the long-term baking schedule for details.
If you’d like an email reminder about when to order, put your email address in the little white box to your left, under the “subscribe to the email bakery bulletin!”
Here’s what we’re baking for Wednesday, March 8. (Please order by Sunday, March 5.)
The sweet loaf will be the FRUITED ALMOND sourdough, which is packed with toasted almonds, apricots, cranberries and golden raisins. It’s great for breakfast and afternoon snacks, and works great in place of an energy bar when you’re out enjoying the snow!
Savory hearth loaves will be the FRESH ROSEMARY sourdough and the TOASTED WALNUT sourdough. The rosemary loaves are a little lighter than our pan loaves, since they contain only 60% whole grain (the other 40% is organic bread flour), and makes great dinner bread and sandwiches. The walnut bread is denser, and makes fantastic toast and bread with soups and salads.
the bread ordering deadline
You’ll need to order your bread by MIDNIGHT on Sunday so we have time to plan our bake, feed our sourdough, and pre-ferment the dough! When you come pick up your bread, you can pay by cash or check.
bread pickup locations
Pick-up locations for Wednesdays:
1. Side Street Espresso, 412 G Street, downtown: 8-10am
2. Inspire Physical Therapy, at 1120 Huffman Rd, Suite 19 (in the mall at Huffman and Old Seward): 4-6pm
If you need to call me during a pick-up time, you can reach me on my cell phone at 748-3712. If you can’t reach me on my cell phone at other times, please call me at home/the bakery: 677-3712.
Would you like to see a video of us baking your bread? Our bakery is a small commercial kitchen attached to our house on the lower Anchorage Hillside.