This Week’s Bakery Bulletin

Saturday, January 16, 2016

Issue #115

Hello, sourdough fans! And Happy Valentine’s Day!

You can start ordering NOW to pick up your bread on Wednesday, February 10.

From now through April, we’ll be baking once a month, so stock up on what you need and pop some bread in the freezer if you need to. Check out the long-term baking schedule for details.

Here’s what we’re baking for Wednesday, February 10. (Please order by Sunday, February 7.)

Especially for Valentine’s Day, we’ll be baking the DARK CHOCOLATE & CHERRY sourdough! It’s packed with gourmet dark chocolate chunks, dried cherries, and even though it’s rich and delicious, it doesn’t have any dairy or eggs in it—the sourdough makes the bread moist and flavorful! So if you have a Valentine who is health-conscious, or can’t eat eggs or dairy, this loaf is just the ticket!

Pan loaves will be our ALASKAN POTATO sourdough and SPENT GRAIN sourdough.

Savory hearth loaves will be the KALAMATA OLIVE sourdough and the TOASTED SEED sourdough. The toasted seed loaves are loaded with pumpkin seeds, sesame seeds, sunflower seeds, and flax seeds, and make delightful toast and slices of bread with soups and salads. The olive bread is a little lighter than our other breads, since it is only 60% whole grain (the other 40% is organic bread flour), and makes great dinner bread and sandwiches.

ANNOYING PASSWORDS: Have you had to reset your password through the website and now it’s stuck on something awful like Kq8B2j? I’m so sorry that my website doesn’t allow you to customize your own password, but I can change it for you. Please just .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)  or call me (677-3712 or 748-3712) and let me know, and I can change it to something easy to remember, or to a password of your choice.

the bread ordering deadline

You’ll need to order your bread by MIDNIGHT on Sunday so we have time to plan our bake, feed our sourdough, and pre-ferment the dough!  When you come pick up your bread, you can pay by cash or check.

bread pickup locations

Pick-up locations for Wednesdays:
1.  Side Street Espresso, 412 G Street, downtown: 8-10am
2.  Inspire Physical Therapy, at 1120 Huffman Rd, Suite 19 (in the mall at Huffman and Old Seward): 4-6pm

If you need to call me during a pick-up time, you can reach me on my cell phone at 748-3712. If you can’t reach me on my cell phone at other times, please call me at home/the bakery: 677-3712.

Would you like to see a video of us baking your bread? Our bakery is a small commercial kitchen attached to our house on the lower Anchorage Hillside.

Alison’s blog

If you’d like to check out lots of savory and healthful recipes, you can find lots more of them on my blog about cooking and eating local food: Alison’s Lunch. You can even sign up for my blog posts (about local food, cooking, and recipes) to be delivered to your email! .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address) if you have trouble signing up, and I can help you.

featured bread this week

recipe of the week

Page 1 of 2 pages  1 2 >