This Week’s Bakery Bulletin

Friday, November 17, 2017

Issue #132

Hello, sourdough fans!

You can order NOW to pick up your bread on Wednesday, December 6th. 

We’ll be baking twice in December, so you can order bread for your friends for the holidays, or just stock up for yourself. (Both of the special sweet holiday loaves will be offered on December 6th and December 20th, though I think people also appreciate a savory treat this time of year.) See our long-term baking schedule on the website for future dates and loaves.

Because of the three-day fermentation of the sourdough, the bread is a great keeper. It freezes and thaws beautifully, and stays fresh on your counter for at least a week. If you’ll be out of town on a pickup day, just give me a call and we can try and arrange a different plan for your bread pickup. (907) 748-3712.

Our pickup locations are the same as last year (see details below). Thank you so much to both Side Street Espresso and Inspire Physical Therapy for giving us a place to deliver our bread.

Here’s what we’re baking for Wednesday, December 6th (please order by Sunday, December 3rd):

The special sweet holiday loaves are the FRUITED ALMOND sourdough, and the DARK CHOCOLATE & CHERRY sourdough. The fruited almond bread is packed with toasted almonds, apricots, cranberries and golden raisins. The chocolate & cherry bread is rich with cocoa powder, and studded with dark Dutch chocolate chunks and dried cherries. Both loaves are egg- and dairy-free, and make great holiday gifts. 

And speaking of gifts, my Farmers Market Cookbook makes a good one, too! It’s full of great recipes for vegetables, even to make in the middle of winter!

The pan loaves will be our signature LEVAIN (100% whole wheat sourdough) and the ever-popular SPENT GRAIN sourdough.

Savory hearth loaves will be the KALAMATA OLIVE sourdough. The olive bread is a little lighter than our other breads, since it is only 60% whole grain (the other 40% is organic bread flour).

ANNOYING PASSWORDS: Have you had to reset your password through the website and now it’s stuck on something awful like Kq8B2j? I’m so sorry that my website doesn’t allow you to customize your own password, but I can change it for you. Please just .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)  or call me (907.748.3712) and let me know, and I can change it to something easy to remember, or to a password of your choice.


You’ll need to order your bread by MIDNIGHT on Sunday, so we have time to plan our bake, feed our sourdough, and pre-ferment the dough! 


Pick-up locations for Wednesday, December 6th:
1.  Side Street Espresso, 412 G Street, downtown: 8-10am
2.  Inspire Physical Therapy, 1120 Huffman Rd, Suite 19 (south side of Huffman & Old Seward): 4-6pm

If you have questions, you can reach me on my cell phone at 907.748.3712.

featured bread this week

recipe of the week